Mid-Century Inspired Wreath
I am obsessed with Mid Century everything. I’ve trained my husband so well on the “straight lines and tapered legs”. I’ve been doing a little research of Mid-Century inspired Christmas decor, and I see colorful balls and aluminum trees – which make my heart so happy. As a funny note, my parents had an aluminum tree as I was growing up and I h-a-t-e-d it. However, now I’m practically begging to “borrow” it now that I’ve really honed in on my style.
This year, I wanted to create a wreath that reminded me of those sweet aluminum trees, and what better accent to go with them than Shiny Brite ornaments? I added a few bottlebrush trees and viola! a Mid Century Inspired Wreath comin’ atcha!
MID CENTURY INSPIRED WREATH SUPPLIES
- Styrofoam Wreath Form
- Silver Tinsel
- Bottlebrush Trees in a variety of sizes
- Shiny Brite Ornaments (Real Deal or Shatterproof – I found my faux ornaments at Hobby Lobby)
1. Using a squeeze of hot glue, attach the tinsel to the styrofoam wreath. Then, wrap the wreath form in the silver tinsel until covered. Because my tinsel was about 3″ wide, I only used one strand. The amount of tinsel you need will depend on your personal taste as well as the size of the strand.
2. Next, Begin to place your Shiny Brite ornaments and bottle brush trees on the wreath. I highly recommend placing them where you’d like before gluing them down and securing them to the wreath. I used about 8 ornaments and 5 trees, but create yours to your own liking!
3. Now is the time to glue! Use hot glue (and quite a bit of it!) to secure your accessories to your wreath. I tried to get as close to the wreath form as possible so that I wasn’t gluing on top of the tinsel.
Viola! You’re done! I’m trying to make my Christmas as Modern Mid Century as possible because that’s my new obsession and obsessions are good for the soul.
Don’t forget to hop on over and find a wreath that you’re obsessed with. Whether you are a farmhouse style, Mid Century style or Funky Glam – there’s sure to be a fun tutorial for you!