Happy FRIYAY, friends! This year, I decided I wanted to get a little more personal with you here on the blog – so welcome to my new weekly series of Friday Follow Up! Each Friday, I’ll share my favorite internet finds along with a couple new things about me, and each Friday I ask you to do the same! Comment with your favorite finds of the week with a fun fact about you or something you’re doing for the weekend!
Life of Heather Update
- This week, I had my wisdom teeth removed. I was super nervous going into the procedure, but it turned out not to be so bad after all. As I write this, I’m still recovering and in a bit of pain, but I was instructed to eat all the ice cream I want so it doesn’t get much better than this, right?
- I am trying to get back into the groove of creating. Do you ever just find yourself with absolutely no imagination and questioning everything you do? It’s hard in the world of blogging to not be discouraged by all the competition around the internet. At the end of the day, I may never make a single dollar — and I am fine with that. I just want to enjoy creating and sharing it with those who care. Blogging for me gives me a creative outlet of learning how to photograph, style and new craft skills, which I enjoy.
- I’ve really determined I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for. Whether it’s my online tribe or the people I see on an almost-daily basis, I’m extremely blessed to have the friends I do in my life.
- I purchased Ingrid Nilsen’s kit from Bare Minerals this week, and I am loving it. I’ve used Bare Minerals for years, but I’m loving the bag and hilighter it came with, too. In other makeup news, I am really enjoying wearing LipSense. Have you tried it yet? Here’s where I buy it from.
- I’ve been trying to grow my relationship with Christ a bit more this year, and I’ve been inspired by two of Shauna Neiquest’s books: Savor, a daily devotional that’s easy to read; as well as Present Over Perfect. I highly recommend both of them.
- For Christmas, my in-laws got me this CamFi Wireless Remote, and it is my new favorite gadget! I highly recommend giving it a try.
- This home tour is the perfect pop of color + the perfect amount of modern for me!
- These holographic ice cream cone wrappers make me want to put holographic film on everything I own.
- I might have to make these Lucky Charms pops for the office!
- This freakshake seems like the perfect way to bring in St. Patty’s!