We’ve all been there – guests are on their way and your house is messy. I’m not just talking about there’s shoes in the middle of the floor – but messy as in you’re embarrassed to have company. Okay, okay, you might not admit it, but I will. It’s happened to me a few too many times.
Luckily, I’m experienced in “HELP! My house isn’t clean!!” and I have the perfect plans for you to clean your house in 30 minutes. It will be so clean your guests will think you just spent hours spring cleaning.
Here are my tried-and-true tips:
- Set a timer – If you set a timer, I guarantee you that you’ll accomplish more in that time period than ever thought. I usually set my timer for 30 minutes, and work as quickly as I can. I’ll do one room at a time, minus the floors.
- Use powerful products – One of my favorite products to use is Lysol Power Bathroom Cleaner. It’s great to use on soap scum to get it off fast. I conveniently found this product recently on the end cap at Target!Lysol kills 99.9% of bacteria, and has been trusted in households for years. I think majority of the products we use in our house are Lysol because we know the products and trust them! From now until May 14, you can get buy three get one free at Target! You can also get 10% off using cartwheel!Another one of my favorite products is Finish. I’ve found that it’s the best cleaning agent to clean all of my dishes. Also, as an added bonus – doesn’t leave any water spots. I’ve been using it for years, and I couldn’t swear by it any more! Finish also carries a washing machine cleaner. I highly recommend this product – and spring cleaning is the perfect time to clean your dishwasher. You can get 5% off all Finish products here!
- Keep all your cleaning supplies in one place. – I’ve shared this tip before, but having all of your cleaning supplies in one place is key. I carry a tote with all of my supplies so that I don’t have to run room to room for the polish, Air Freshener or the Lysol Power Bathroom Cleaner.
- Air Freshener Works Wonders – The biggest compliment your guests can give you is, “Your house smells so good!” If your house smells clean, it will feel cleaner than it actually is. Scent is one of the first senses guests notice and remember. I always have a can of air freshener on hand to spray through the house. Recently, I’ve been using this Air Wick Life Scents in Paradise Retreat. It smells so good and eliminates odors quickly. This product is also found at Target on the Air Freshener and candle aisle. You can get 5% off of this Air Wick product on Target’s cartwheel app!
- Priority Areas First – Focus on priority rooms first. I usually start with the guest bathroom, then move along to the living area and then the kitchen. I wait to vacuum until the very end. These are my top three areas to clean. If I have enough time after I’m done, I’ll work on sweeping the entryway or hallway.
- Carry a basket for misplaced items with you – Inevitably, things are out of place. I have a basket I carry around with me for misplaced items. Most of the time, it’s my shoes out of place and they all belong in my closet on the other side of the house. So, I throw all of my shoes, socks and headphones I left on the kitchen table in the basket and deal with it later – after guests are gone. If I have time, I’ll do it right before they arrive.
And there you have it – tried-and-true tips from the worlds biggest procrastinator when it comes to having a clean home. Luckily, Target is less than 10 minutes away, so I head there anytime I need something
Lysol wants to help you with your spring cleaning tasks, and they have a Social Hub just for their campaign Spring into Clean! Click here to learn more tips and tricks.
What are your spring cleaning hacks? I want to know!